Monday, February 10, 2014

And the verdict is… e.l.f. HD Lifting Concealer

When it comes to bargin makeup, sometimes you get a glorious dupe that saves you major moo-la. And sometimes you get a dud. For me, the e.l.f HD Lifting Concealer is the latter.



I'll start with some good aspects, because I do like to see the good in everything if I can. It applies beautifully. I do really like the consistency of the product. It's also dries to a lovely finish. It hasn't broken me out at all, which can sometimes be an issue with concealers. And it is a good price. But I guess for $3, you get what you pay for.

Now, does it conceal? Yeah... kinda. The coverage is light to medium, depending on how heavy of a hand you use to apply and how much you layer it up. But at least on me it doesn't last at all, especially under my eyes. It's just creases and settles in the few fine lines that I have... which is one of the things I'm trying to conceal, not accentuate. 

Semi-blended. Just way to yellow for my skin tone.

In addition, I am again having issues with the color range of the product. It's so yellow on my skin (and I have yellow undertones) and dark. And I have the fairest one. Granted, this is usually an issue due to my extreme paleness. But it would be nice to find a concealer that matches my skin for once. 

All in all, it might be worth a try if you don't have much to conceal and are a darker skin tone than me (however, I noticed that they don't carry a deep-colored one either). You can find it in Target stores or online. But I don't think I'll be purchasing this product again. It'd rather splash out a few more bucks for a product that will work a little harder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment