Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Products to Save Your Pocketbook: Suave Professionals Moroccan Infusion Styling Oil

My hair is apparently my most covetous feature. I'm not saying this to be vain. Complete strangers will stop me on the street about it. I am both incredibly flattered and staggeringly intrigued. Many people state that they are jealous of my locks, that they wish they had hair like mine. 

HA!

I know, I know. The grass is always greener... Curly girls want straight hair. Straight-haired girl want curls. 


Now, let me state for the record that I generally love being a curly girl. But let the record also show that curly hair is a lot of work. And quite expensive. Curly haircuts cost more and take longer. And the products. Oh, the products! There is a myriad of hair goops, sprays, gels, oils and balms out there made specifically for us Curly Sues and, sadly, the ones that work the best are not usually the best for the pocketbook. 

Which is why I get excited when I find a bargain brand that works.

Enter Suave Professionals Moroccan Infusion Styling Oil.

Cue the "ahhh" angel chorus!


In general, I've always been a fan of the Suave line. They used to carry a curl cream that was the bomb and less than $3. To my and other curly-haired friend's dismay, they discontinued that product years ago. I'm still a bit bitter about it. I could actually write a whole blog post about flipping fantastic products that have left us before their time. (Anyone interested in that?)

But I digress. 

I was actually given a sample of the Moroccanoil Treatment years ago. And I loved it. It smelled delicious. And it worked wonders on my hair. But as a poor nanny/sales associate, it was a bit to rich for my blood at $43 for a 3.4 oz bottle. It may not be the most expensive product out there, but it's still just a little too pricey for my everyday styling routine at this point in my life. If you are blessed enough to be able to afford it, I highly recommend it. 

However, if you can't, this is the next best thing.

My hair without product is love-child of Albert Einstein and Hermione Granger on one too many double shot espressos. With the Moroccan Infusion Styling Oil... 


... Ok, it's still a little crazy. But I'll take crazy over out-of-control-fluff-ball.

I've been using the oil for about a month now and I am seriously impressed. It smells really good. It's not quite the yummy vanilla-esque scent of it's higher-end counterpart. But it still has a rich, slightly sweet scent. And please don't let the fact that it's an oil scare you, especially if you have thick, dry, colored, damaged hair like me. It soaks into the hair, absorbing the wonderfully hydrating qualities of the argan, sweet almond and coconut oils. In addition to the oil, I use a curl enhancer (argan oil does tend to lengthen curls) and the combo keeps my curls buoyant, shiny and shaped all day.

I would without a doubt recommend this product to those battling dry hair, hard to manage curls or a case of the frizzes. And the best part, at my local Target, it's under $6 for 3 oz. Hello, budget friendly!









***This post was not sponsored in any way by Suave or it's affiliates. I'm just an ecstatic curly-haired blogger sharing the joy.***

No comments:

Post a Comment