Wednesday, December 18, 2013

For the love of Twisted Peppermint...

Let me just take a few moments and declare my love for a little product that only comes around once a year: Twisted Peppermint

I'll get better at taking these pictures, I promise.




This is my signature holiday scent. Most people adore the Vanilla Bean Noel or the Winter Candy Apple from Bath and Bodyworks Holiday Traditions line. Not me. Give me that deliciously pink bottle of minty goodness! Every year I cross my fingers and pray real hard that it will come back. And when it does, I restock my stash to ration for the rest of the year. 

I do have to admit that the first year it came out, it had to grow on me. I was a bit skeptically. Sure, it was clean and crisp and refreshing. But did I really want to smell like an inhabitant of the candy cane forest?

Well, take me straight to Candyland because yes, I do.

It seems so fitting that it comes out in winter- not just for the rise in candy cane consumption around the holidays. The peppermint oil leaves a cooling, almost tingling sensation on the skin that mimics the icy wind that sends a shiver down your spine once you step outside.

For most people, peppermint is an invigorating scent. However, medicinally peppermint is used to calm upset stomachs and digestive tracts. Obviously, I strongly advise against consuming this product line to soothe an icky tummy. But with knowing that fact about peppermint, I do not find it strange that it's scent is very soothing to me. There is also a touch of vanilla and sugar to sweeten up the sharp peppermint oil, and that sweetness is just enough to add comfort, like a mug of warm, creamy hot chocolate with a shot of peppermint schnapps.

Additionally for me, Twisted Peppermint is my savior when my headaches from H-E-double hockey sticks decide to rear their nasty little head. Peppermint oil is a homeopathic remedy for migraines. After taking a steamy hot shower, I dab a few drops of pure peppermint oil on a cotton ball and sniff. Using my Twisted Peppermint shower gel in the shower and my lotion after I get out wraps me up in peppermint and helps to comfort me as my head is throbbing. It may not cure my aching head, but it takes the edge off and consoles me as my (prescription) drugs work their magic.

What is your favorite scent that only comes out around the holidays?

2 comments:

  1. Last year, BBW had an absolutely heavenly scent called Citrus Garland that I am obsessed with. I have two huge bottles of hand soap left, but refuse to lose them, so I don't run out of the scent, since it was not brought back this year. About 5 years ago, they also released an amazing scent called Spicy Gingerbread (which has a kick of orange in it--amazing!) I have a bottle of body wash that I only use 1 time per year (on Christmas!) so it won't run out...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I had the cinnamon roll version of that line… maybe. They used to have a very foodie scent line that came out every year. I know a lot of people that really loved it. I wish they would bring it back!

      Delete